Sadness is part of our lives just like happiness is. Actually, we can not feel truly happy, without knowing how sadness feels like. That is why we need to learn how to cope with it. Even if we feel broken inside or we feel we are falling apart, psychologists advise us to acknowledge these emotions and then process them. The following sad quotes will inspire and help you to put behind the sad moods and become positive again.
1. We are all just broken vases trying to keep flowers alive. – Matt Baker
2. The hardest part is waking up in the morning, remembering what you were trying to forget last night.
3. I hate getting flashbacks from things I don’t want to remember.
4. It hurts knowing you tried doing your best and it still wasn’t good enough.
5. The person who tries to keep everyone happy often ends up feeling the loneliest.
6. Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. – Voltaire
7. There are poems inside of you that paper can’t handle.
8. “What happened to you?
I grew up.”
9. “I think we are and will always be lonely people in a lonely world under lonely stars.
We can never starve our loneliness.
We can only hope that by the company of others, it doesn’t devour us. – Christopher Poindexter”
Feeling sad quotes
10. Sometimes all you can do is lie in bed, and hope to fall asleep before you fall apart. – William C. Hannan
11. She says nothing at all, but simply stares upward into the dark sky and watches, with sad eyes, the slow dance of the infinite stars. – Neil Gaiman
12. I am sad because there are so many beautiful songs that I have never heard.
13. I’ve had so many knives stuck into me, when they hand me a flower I can’t quite make out what it is. It takes time. – Charles Bukowski
Sad inspirational quotes
14. We’ve got to live, no matter how many skies have fallen. – D. H. Lawrence
15. Sad birds still sing.
16. Crying does not indicate that you are weak. Since birth, it has always been a sign that you are alive. – Charlotte Bronte
17. H.O.P.E. – Hold on, pain ends.
18. Live your life and forget your age.
19. New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings… – Lao Tzu
Sad broken heart quotes
20. Stop planting flowers in people’s yards who aren’t going to water them.
21. Why do you look so sad?
Because you speak to me in words. And I look at you with feelings. – Pierrot Le Fou
22. You have to learn to get up from the table when love is no longer being served. – Nina Simone
23. Stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it.
Things to do when feeling sad
24. Sometimes having coffee with your best friend is all the therapy you need.
25. The best therapist has fur and four legs.
26. You can’t be sad when you’re holding a cupcake.
27. Eat the spaghetti to forgetti your regretti.
28. The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. – Mark Twain
29. Never underestimate the power of a good outfit on a bad day.
Put things into perspective:
30. Embrace the glorious mess that you are. – Elizabeth Gilbert
31. Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful.
32. Stop overthinking it. You can’t control everything, just let it be.
🙂 And, please, don’t forget to smile!
You can also read Happy quotes to brighten up your day and Positive quotes for work – 30 quotes for a productive day.